Check FAQs


In most cases, to apply for an undergraduate or graduate Pathway program, you’ll need to take an IELTS or TOEFL iBT. Minimum language requirements are different for each program and degree, so check the requirements on the program pages. You won’t need to take these tests before applying to the Academic English, General English, Campus Year Abroad or Study Abroad with English programs.

When you submit your application we’ll need copies of your academic transcripts, and a UKVI approved IELTS test may be required for some courses. Read more about UKVI IELTS or contact us for more details. The test must have been taken within the last two years prior to the start date of your intended academic programme. For most English Language programes you’ll just need to provide your IELTS UKVI certificate. For General English courses you’ll need to provide a copy of your passport.

Accepting your place is easy! Even if you hold a conditional place on a course you can still accept your offer. If, for any reason, you don’t meet your conditions, you'll receive a refund with no cancellation charges payable. To accept your place, just complete and sign the acceptance form we included with your offer letter and return the form along with your deposit. Your deposit is part of your total payment which usually includes deposits for the tuition fee and accommodation. You can find the required deposit amount in your offer letter. If you are going to study in the UK your deposit will also include fees for Uniplan medical insurance. If you are planning to study in the US you will pay your health insurance fees after you arrive at the university. Your offer letter will explain your different payment options. If you are a sponsored student, (a student that receives financial assistance from a government, organisation or company,) you’ll only be required to pay a deposit for items not provided by your sponsorship, such as accommodation.

You can check details about eligibility requirements for each course or program at any of our universities by using the course selector. If you want to chat with us about what the best choices are for you, we are happy to help!

When you submit your application to a Pathway, you'll need to provide these documents: a copy of your passport, copy(ies) of your academic transcripts and certificates of all high school and post-secondary education, a copy of a valid English language exam, and proof of financial support for your first year of expenses (bank letter or certificate). If you are already studying in the US, you also need to submit a copy of your US visa and current I-20 form. If someone other than you will be paying for your studies, then you need to submit an official financial guarantee from a sponsor or an affidavit of financial support signed by the person whose name appears on the bank letter or certificate.

An International Foundation programme is designed to help when you don’t meet the requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree programme. You’ll also adapt to the education system at a British university and improve your English language skills.

The Pathway programs at our US university partners allow you to earn credits toward your bachelor's or master's degree while improving your academic and English language skills. You can save time by entering a Pathway program if your language scores and grades don't quite meet the university's direct entry requirements.

International Year One (sometimes called an International Diploma) is equivalent to the first year of a UK undergraduate degree (or second year at Scottish universities). It will prepare you for second year-entry to your chosen university degree programme (third year if you are studying at a Scottish university). You’ll develop your study skills, English language, and subject knowledge, ready for university study. You'll also receive support from our friendly staff to complete your UCAS application to your chosen degree programme.

A Graduate Diploma in the UK is a pre-master's course. It will prepare you for a master's degree in the UK. You’ll learn about postgraduate study, covering areas such as research skills, English language skills, group work and effective time management. You’ll also benefit from guidance on personal and academic development. (Note: In the US, this type of program is called a graduate Pathway, which guarantees your progression to full degree status and usually allows you to earn credits toward your master's degree.)

We offer several academic English courses in the UK: Academic English (AE), General English and Pre-sessional English courses. With Academic English, you’ll learn about the language and gain the study skills needed for successful academic study at university. Pre-sessional English will help you if you hold an offer from a university for an undergraduate or postgraduate course and are academically qualified, but want to improve your English. It focuses on academic English and general study skills.

A multi-pathway or choice centre is an INTO Centre where you study an INTO pathway and can progress to a wide range of universities in the UK. The multi-pathway centres are INTO Manchester (progressing to NCUK universities), INTO London (progressing to INTO Affiliate universities) and INTO University of Stirling (progressing to a range of leading Scottish universities).

You can take a Secure English Language Test (SELT), or contact us to find out more about taking an INTO test. IELTS tests are Secure English Language Tests that are taken at approved testing centres and provide evidence of your English language level.

You’ll be expected to: attend classes on time; complete all coursework and exams; respect other students and staff; work hard in, and out of, class; and, ensure all work submitted is your own.

If you fail an assessment you may be able to re-sit it. Failing a course, or having to re-sit, may affect the choice of universities you can progress to. But, we’ll be there to advise you on your options.

100% of INTO students who pass pathway courses progress to higher education.

Normally, it will take you three years to complete a standard undergraduate degree (four years in Scotland). A master's degree normally takes a year, and a PhD takes three years.

Normally it will take you four years to complete a standard bachelor's degree in the US, including the undergraduate Pathway. Most master's degrees in the US are designed to be completed in two years. Some terminal master's degrees (such as the MBA) are designed to be completed in three years. A PhD takes about five years to complete.

When you arrive at a UK airport, you'll need to enter the UK through Immigration. You'll meet an Immigration Officer who will check your documents. • If you are coming to the UK on a Tier 4 visa, please provide Immigration with your CAS statement, the first few pages of your offer from INTO, your passport and your visa. • If you are coming into the UK on a student visa, please provide Immigration with your visa letter, a copy of your unconditional offer and your passport. Once you have been through Immigration you can collect your luggage and go to your INTO Centre.

When you arrive in the US, you'll need to present the following to the Immigration Officer: Passport with new visa inside, I-20, I-94 Card (small white card you'll be given on the plane) and a Customs form. You should also have your admission letter and proof of finances in your carry-on luggage in case you are asked to show them. You'll then need to collect your baggage. We do our best to have staff and students waiting to greet you when you arrive at the airport near your university. If you requested an airport transfer from us, we will arrange transportation from the airport to your accommodation.

Only pack as much as you can physically carry! Most airlines allow 20–23 kg of checked luggage and there are strict size and weight restrictions on all hand luggage. Make sure that you keep documents, essential medication (and related prescription), your phone and a change of clothes in your hand luggage. Check the pre-departure guide for a more detailed packing list.

In the UK, you should arrive two days before your course start date. If you're late, you may miss classes and important induction events. In the US, your student visa allows you to enter the country 30 days before the program start date. If you will live on campus and choose to arrive before the assigned move-in date, you will need to arrange your own temporary housing. Check the pre-departure guide for to find information about local hotels.

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you upon arrival at the airport. To book a pickup, please complete the arrival details form and return it to the INTO Admissions Office for your chosen Centre at least seven days before you arrive. In the US, we do our best to have staff and students greet you at the airport near the university when you arrive.

All universities and centres have Wi-Fi, so you'll be able to Skype home. You may also want to check with your mobile/cell phone operator before you leave to ensure it will work in your destination

You'll apply for accommodation in your course or program application. If you do not apply for accommodation when you apply for your course, you can contact our admissions team to add accommodation later. We do recommend that you apply for accommodation as early as possible since space fills up quickly at each of our centres.

Accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis in the UK. Once you've paid your accommodation deposit you'll be guaranteed your preferred accommodation. Some of our US universities require on-campus housing for students with an undergraduate Pathway in their Study Plans; your housing is guaranteed if it is a requirement for your program.

Each country has specific visa requirements which we will help you to understand.

You can pay your fees by bank transfer or by credit card. Full details of your deposit, and how you can pay it, will be included in your offer letter.

You'll need to pay your fees before you start your course to avoid delaying your registration. If you're paying by credit card, you'll usually need to let your provider know in advance.

Refunds can only be made where visa applications are refused or you don't meet the required conditions.

You'll need to pay a deposit to hold a place on your chosen course up until six weeks before the course starts. If you have applied for accommodation, you will need to pay an additional deposit to guarantee your placement in accommodation.

We recommend you bring enough money to cover your first two weeks costs. This should be around £250 or $400. Please don't carry larger amounts of cash. Check our country guides to find out how we help you set up a bank account.

You'll need to have full travel, medical and health insurance. Unless you provide proof of suitable insurance during the application process, we will register you for appropriate medical insurance for your study plan. If you will study in the UK, Uniplan Insurance will automatically be added to your course fees. If you will study in the US, you will pay your fees after you arrive at your university.

You'll be given this during Welcome or Orientation Week. Once you have your student card you'll be able to use all the facilities on campus.

If your information changes before you arrive you should inform the admissions team that processed your application. If your details change while you are at the centre or university, you'll need to give your new information to the staff at your centre or university.

Yes! Most cities have European restaurants and grocery stores, Asian supermarkets and other international stores which sell authentic ingredients. Larger cities have a Chinatown district and international neighborhoods with restaurants that offer authentic cuisine. Please plan to share your home recipes with university staff and classmates.

Yes! Many larger supermarkets will have a halal foods section. You'll also find halal food shops in many cities, particularly in the UK and in larger cities in the US.

Yes! Universities offer a large variety of cuisine in on-campus dining halls and restaurants, particularly in the US. You will always be able to find vegetarian, Kosher, halal and gluten-free options. In most cases, university dining services will take student suggestions for recipes, so if you want to see a specific item on the menu, please ask!

INTO UEA is an examination center for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) that offers exam dates throughout the year. • The IELTS Academic test measures the English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher education environment. • The IELTS General Training test measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. Both tests assess all of your English language skills including reading, writing, listening and speaking. You’ll receive separate scores for each of these skills, as well as an overall score. You can open a bank account in the UK after you arrive and register at your study centre. You’ll need your student enrolment letter in order to open a student bank account. Our student services will guide you through this process during your induction week.

We’ll provide you with essentials such as a pillow, duvet and bedding, if you’re planning to stay at INTO residential accommodation.

Don’t worry if you haven’t received your final transcripts and certificates yet. We can always give you an offer that’s conditional on achieving specific academic or English grades. When you provide your final certificates and meet the conditions of your offer, we will change your offer to an unconditional one.

No, you won’t need a visa to study in the UK. Although the UK recently voted to leave the EU, this will have no effect for at least two years. Please contact us for further details.

Yes, you may need a visa for an INTO course.

You’ll need to provide a recent bank statement in your name, or your parent's name, showing funds to cover full tuition fees + £1265 per month of study with INTO (up to a maximum of nine).

INTO Manchester and INTO London operate on the INTO Manchester sponsor license. Students studying at other INTO centres will be sponsored for their tier 4 VISA by their host university.

You’ll need to provide a bank statement in your name, or your parent's name, showing funds to cover full tuition fees + £1015 per month of study with INTO (up to a maximum of nine).

Students from some countries are required to provide a TB certificate.

You’ll need to hold an unconditional offer to study with INTO and have paid your deposit for your INTO course. We’ll then issue a CAS number that you’ll use for your visa application.

You’ll need to hold an unconditional offer to study with INTO and have paid your deposit for your INTO course. We’ll then issue a CAS number that you’ll use for your visa application.

Applications can be made online for Tier 4 visas via the UK Government’s website.

If you are studying at INTO London or INTO Manchester, you’ll need to return home to apply for a new visa. If you are studying at another centres, you can apply for your next visa in the UK, if the course starts within 28 days of the end of your current visa.

Students at INTO Manchester and INTO London can’t work in the UK on a Tier 4 visa. Students at other INTO centres can work a maximum of 10 hours per week, or 20 hours per week if studying a Graduate Diploma or undergraduate/postgraduate degree.

A tourist visa will only allow you to study for four weeks.

Most of our centres can provide a walk-in assessment for English language for the English for University Study (EUS) programme.

Four terms of study in the UK will require a Tier 4 visa.

All our centres are multinational and we have students from all over the world.

Most of our centres accept students of 16 years of age and above.

General English is for everyday conversation. It will improve your English language skills but it isn’t designed to help students prepare for IELTS.

If you achieve the equivalent IELTS grade required by our INTO partner, you won’t need to re-take IELTS.

To ensure you are eligible to progress on to the relevant university, you must: • Meet the minimum attendance requirements for your INTO course. • Meet the University’s required progression grades for your chosen degree course - each individual degree programme has unique progression requirements. • Follow the academic advice and guidance of INTO staff throughout your pathway programme. If you follow these guidelines, we guarantee you a conditional offer at your pathway provider university. If you are studying at one of our multi-pathway choice Centres, you will be eligible for a conditional offer at a relevant INTO affiliate or partner university.

INTO Centres in the UK and US have partnered with Ingenico, one of the world’s major payment providers, to take payments via Ingenico’s Global Collect platform. Working with Ingenico allows INTO to offer a much broader range of secure payment methods and currencies in many countries across the world. This is why you will see Global Collect’s name on your bank statement and not the name of the INTO Centre in question. You will also see Global Connect as the account name for local payments.

Only in exceptional circumstances as we consider it essential that the academic integrity of these courses is not compromised. Unlike General English they are not open for weekly enrolments and we expect all the students to commit to the whole of the course and also to the exam they will take at the end. If a student starts late (subject to approval by the Centre Manager) it is essential that they do an off-shore pre-test prior to arrival so that we can check we are saving a place for them on the appropriate course.

Yes. However, you must contact the partner institution first to receive an offer in writing, and then the Australian Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP).

Yes. However, you must contact the partner institution first to receive an offer in writing, and then the Australian Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP).

We are always here to help with any homestay issues. Most minor issues in a homestay family can be solved by speaking to your homestay family directly however if you need further assistance then please speak to the accommodation staff at your centre.

If you would like to extend your homestay then please speak to the student services manager or accommodation officer at your centre.

You need to give 2 weeks’ notice if you would like to move out of your homestay early. Please speak to the student services manager or accommodation officers at your centre. We will refund any remaining homestay fees however an amendment fee will apply

Speak to the Navitas English reception staff and they can advise you on the different gym options which are available in your city.

You can do lots of different activities as part of Boomerang including: • Sporting Activities • Cultural Activities • Day Trips and Weekend Excursions • Surf Camps • Social Activities (coffee afternoons, dinners) • Student parties • Speed Friending Activities are always changing so look out for new and exciting activities. Don’t forget that we love hearing your thoughts and ideas so if there are any activities you would like to see on the program then let your activities coordinator or reception know.

Sometimes activities need to be cancelled (adverse weather). If this happens we will contact you to let you know. We will try to reorganize the activity for a different date and time. If this isn’t possible and you have paid for the activity then we will arrange a refund for you. What if I am on a different visa (e.g. tourist, working holiday), can I still get insurance for while I am studying in Australia? Navitas recommends that all students have appropriate insurance for their stay in Australia (e.g. travel insurances, health insurance).

Activity start times vary depending on the type of activity and your centre. Please see your monthly calendar for start times or speak to reception.

OSHC has a number of exclusions under their policy. Please read your policy for more information. OSHC is a health insurance therefore it doesn’t provide cover for things like: • Lost/stolen belongings • Cancellation of flights • Home contents

The visa which you are on will need to have work rights for you to work while you are in Australia. Please check on your visa grant letter to see if you have work rights and if there are any additional conditions.

Please speak to reception in the first instance. We can give you the relevant contacts (e.g. Fair Work Ombudsman) who you can speak to.

Many jobs are popular with students including hospitality, retail, tourism, construction (labouring) and agriculture.

You can ask for help at any point at reception. We also run regular my Study Job Club sessions which will be advertised on the Boomerang calendar and around the school.

Yes, you will need to pay tax on your earnings. All workers need to obtain a tax file number from the ATO.

Yes. The curriculum is nationally standardised and moderated.

Yes, each Navitas Academic English teacher has an average of 10,000+ hrs teaching experience. Many have been teaching English for over 20 years! All Academic English teachers have university degrees and specialist English Language Teaching qualifications in accordance with Australian government regulations.

Yes. Students who pass the Academic English courses will receive a Navitas Certificate and Record of Achievement. These documents show the results the student achieved in the Academic English course(s) and are used to gain entry to the partner University/TAFE/College.

Yes. All students doing Cambridge preparation courses are required to do the exam. Academically it makes the course more serious, robust and challenging. It keeps the students motivated and helps build teamwork as everyone is focused on the same goal– passing the Cambridge ESOL examination. Overall it makes for a better learning experience and students get more out of it.

Yes – no exceptions. The Navitas Academic English Courses are registered as 10-week courses with the Australian Government Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS), so all of the courses must be completed.

Yes. Students are only permitted to resubmit 1 failed assessment item – every other assessment item must be passed at the first attempt.

No. Your overall performance is calculated by averaging the scores you achieve in Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking and Use of English. The weighting of each of the four skills and Use of English is equal.

In Brisbane and Manly Beach schools, the average number of students per class is 10. In Sydney, Darwin and Perth (NMT), the average number of students is 15. The maximum in every campus is 18.

General English and IELTS Preparation courses start every Monday (excluding Public Holidays) and Academic English courses start every 5 weeks, please refer to our course dates for more detail.

You will definitely receive a graduation certificate showing that you have completed a Cambridge preparation course at Navitas. You will also receive a certificate from Cambridge for the level below the exam you took if your result lies within that band on the Cambridge English scale.

Students must attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours in accordance with Australian regulations.

The Cambridge English Scale is a range of scores used for reporting the results of Cambridge English exams. It is built on our existing results reporting and years of research, and is designed to complement the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The Cambridge English Scale allows for more straightforward results reporting across our exams and better meets the needs of our exam users, including candidates, teachers, universities and immigration departments. It is also easier to compare performance in Cambridge to IELTS (and vice versa) as they are both aligned to the CEFR. Results on the scale also give a greater insight into candidate progression from one exam to the next.

Academic English 1 is Intermediate (B1+) level. It introduces students to the language, skills and assessment required for AE2 and AE3. Academic English 2 is Upper-Intermediate (B2) level. It prepares students for study in Certificate and Diploma courses at Australian TAFE and Colleges. Academic English 3 is Advanced (B2+) level. It prepares students for study in Bachelors and Masters courses at Australian Universities.

Each Academic English level uses course-specific material written by Navitas curriculum experts.

Yes. You can do an onshore pre-test with the Academic English Coordinator on your campus any time to check if you are ready.

Yes. This way we can get a more accurate idea if you are suitable for the course and can counsel you accordingly. It also helps to avoid a situation where a student arrives and fails the placement test on the first day and is denied access to the course they have booked as the lower (or higher) course is fully booked.

Yes, it is important to do a pre-test so that Navitas knows which Academic English level (1, 2 or 3) is right for your level of English. You can do an online (Versant) test or an offshore paper test.

No. Navitas English has Direct Entry Agreements with over 60 leading Australian universities, TAFEs and colleges. So, students who pass the Navitas Academic English courses can enter Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors and Masters programs without an IELTS Test result.

Please contact your agent if you have appointed an agent. Alternatively, you can contact your local Navitas Office.

You can do a free online quiz created by Navitas English teachers, or you can arrange to sit a test with your local Education Agent.

The percentage which must be achieved varies depending on the partner University, TAFE, College. Please refer to the Direct Entry List for the exact requirements of each institution.

Please provide your official test results (such as IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, PTE) if you have any. If you don’t have any official test results, we recommend you do an online test or an offshore paper test.

At all of our English language schools we have regional and national public holidays. On these days there will be no classes, and in most cases the school will be closed. Please see the list here to see what public holiday closures apply to your country of interest.

Yes! You will benefit from an educational and networking experience in a foreign culture. You will also meet people from different backgrounds and improve your conversation skills.

A long-term program is the best choice if you have a lower English level. We offer Academic Semester or Academic Year courses which cover 2 or 3 language levels. If you do not have much time or want to study quickly, consider an Intensive English course. Take a Vacation English course if you do not have time to apply for a student visa to the USA or UK, or would like a light workload For a more career-focused course, take one of our Business English courses. For those interested in enrolling for college credit in the USA, we offer university foundation courses in Seattle and Irvine, California. After taking a 12-week foundation course, you have the opportunity to transfer into the school.

For most of our courses, you can be any level of English. The only ones that require a specific level are Business English courses (intermediate), Work and Study (intermediate) and test preparation (upper intermediate).

USA – Yes, but you will need to request a new I20 and pay a fee. UK – If you are on a Short-term study visa this is possible. If you are on a Tier 4 visa you may change Kaplan locations – please contact us for further information. Canada – Yes. However, after arrival you cannot enter a course that requires a work permit. All other countries – Yes, but you will need to pay any fees. Your education advisor can give you a complete explanation.

Classes start on Mondays, so we recommend you arrive on the Saturday or Sunday before your start date.

Yes, all Kaplan International English schools are accredited by local government-recognized organizations. See a full list of Kaplan International English accreditors.

You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of your course, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied and your attendance.

On your first day of class, you will take an English test on your grammar, writing, listening and speaking skills. Your class level will be based on your test results. If you want an idea of your English level right now, you can take our free online English test.

Every student learns at different speeds, however, on average, a student needs 10 weeks to move from one level to the next.

We teach our courses purely in English. However we will find a translator for any serious issues if necessary.

We offer exam preparation courses such as IELTS, TOEFL® or Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE and CPE), which you can take at your school. We also offer preparation for SAT, GMAT® or GRE® in some U.S. schools. Please note that the exam fee is not included in the tuition price and needs to be paid separately.

For most of our programs you must be at least 16 years old. However, there are summer programs for younger students. For more details please contact us, or you can read about our Programs for Juniors.

You should have valid medical insurance for your entire stay. If you need insurance, we can provide it but please tell your education advisor in advance.

Yes, Kaplan does take full groups of students for courses. For more information, please directly e-mail groups@kaplaninternational.com

Applications can be done either by filling out our application form, or by booking online. For more information about our admissions process, please see the relevant section of the Terms and Conditions.

Each school has its own social coordinator who will make sure you have a good time during your stay. A full activities program is offered in each school.

Kaplan encourages all students to study with us, regardless of any disability or illness. Education is a right that everyone should be able to experience, and we will always do our best to accommodate a student’s needs. Upon application, students must note any mental or physical illness or disability that could have an effect on their ability to successfully complete their program, or affect another student or member of staff during their stay. It is also important for us to know if there is any risk of needing emergency treatment or intervention, or any special accommodation requirements, so we are well equipped to deal with any potential problems. In the unlikely event that a student becomes too much of a risk in terms of their own health and the health of other students and staff, or is unlikely to complete their program, their application or enrolment may be regretfully ended. Any refunds will be decided on a case by case basis. In the USA, some schools located on university campuses require students to provide a Health Declaration and Immunization form.

The curriculum has been designed with learners in mind who have English as an additional language. There are two options for the English subject - English for first language learners, and English as a Second Language (ESL) for those that may need additional support, using Oxford Discover as one of our key resources. The language within the student facing materials also takes this into consideration.

All Oxford International Curriculum teaching and learning resources are English as an Additional Language (EAL) attentive and designed for an international audience. We expect Year 1-2 students to be able to read text at CEFR A1 level, Year 3-4 students to read text at A2, Year 5-6 students to read text at B1, and Year 7-9 students to read text up to B2. For Year 7, students at CEFR B1 level should be able to cope with language support from their teachers. The Oxford International Curriculum supports the English National Curriculum (ENC) and all subjects are delivered in English; we would therefore recommend that teachers have some familiarity with the ENC and have a CEFR level of B2+ or above.

The Oxford International Curriculum for Wellbeing covers most of PHSE and the newer Relationship and Sexual Education (RSE) curriculum. For example, we feature the 'importance of relationships' as a core curriculum domain, with a focus on developing healthy relationships. The health education strand is largely covered by the 'Taking Care of the Body' and 'Taking Care of the Mind' domains in the Wellbeing Curriculum.

The Global Skills Projects strand of the Oxford International Curriculum offers interdisciplinary, project-based learning, with projects covering a range of global issues (many of which are conducive to STEM/STEAM projects, e.g. improving the way we access and use water, improving the way we travel, improving your community through technology, etc)

Global Skills Projects is an individual curriculum, a separate subject that can be delivered on its own with a project-based learning approach. Students carry out up to three termly projects throughout the academic year. The Global Skills Projects curriculum is also embedded through the teaching of core subjects, with lesson plans incorporating skills such as critical thinking, opportunities to build collaboration and teamwork, interpersonal skills, creative thinking and other key global skills. Some schools are teaching online and using remote learning. The lesson plans give some suggestions for digital use. There are also different tools that can be used for online collaboration, so that students can still communicate, share ideas, share knowledge and to build their projects together.

It prepares students for going onwards to the International Independent Project Qualification (IPQ) and International GCSE Plus. Presentation skills, research skills and argument skills are a part of the curriculum for Global Skills Projects.

We highly recommend having the delivery of Wellbeing and Global Skills Projects as separate subjects, but there are options of delivering them in different ways. Some schools have used form time to embed the wellbeing lessons, for example, and they can also be delivered intensively, such as during a projects week at the end of term. Global Skills Projects includes fantastic projects for students to get involved in to begin to develop global skills such as critical and creative thinking, and so teachers can make the most of those resources also.

The approach to teaching and learning can support the teaching of other languages, although this is not part of the subscription. Most of our schools do offer different languages; schools can use different resources for those and embed some of the principles included in the professional development and the curriculum itself.

The Oxford International Curriculum for Early Years and Key Stage 1 recommends books as part of its classroom resources that are aligned to Letters and Sounds, a systematic approach for teaching children to read using phonics. It is used in many schools in England, but is not a mandatory part of the English National Curriculum. Depending on your school's needs and its local context, for a more comprehensive phonics teaching programme we recommend that schools also use Floppy’s Phonics.

We recommend that schools implement all six subjects from your subscription to get maximum benefit. However, there is flexibility to choose what is most relevant for your context, for example if you have your own computing programme that you want to follow. The approaches to teaching and learning can be applied to subjects that are not being taught through the curriculum.

Yes, the Oxford International Curriculum offers a full Early Years Curriculum, including learning frameworks, and teaching materials and training for Early Years teachers.

Assessment for Learning can be achieved with the Oxford International Curriculum by using an online formative assessment tool and end-of-year tests. Assessment Frameworks for core subjects define each Learning Outcome with a Developing, Secure or Extending statement of attainment or competence. Teachers can use these frameworks and tools as well as other classroom elements to determine a child's overall grade. The Oxford International Curriculum includes access to formative assessment tools as well as end-of-year achievement tests for Years 6, 7, 8 and 9. Certificates upon completion are administered locally by teachers. In future years, end of phase standardised testing will be offered as an option for Year 6 and Year 9 students and will be charged separately on a per-candidate basis.

The Oxford International Curriculum will provide seamless progression from Early years and Primary, to Lower Secondary, to international qualifications, including Oxford International AQA Examinations: - International GCSEs - International AS/A-levels - International Independent Project Qualification (IPQ) For further information on OxfordAQA, please visit the OxfordAQA exams website.

Testbase is a formative assessment tool, and all schools who subscribe to the curriculum will have access to this. Depending on the subject - Maths, Science or English - teachers can create bespoke quizzes from a question bank to share for assessment for learning purposes. For years 6, 7, 8 and 9 we have end of year assessments that are marked by teachers, you would receive a mark-scheme with different papers, so there is a more knowledge-based and more practical application in these end of year tests. For Testbase, your school will receive an account where each teacher can login, as part of the subscription. The end of year tests are all hosted on Oxford Owl, along with the schemes of work, lesson plans and curriculum booklets. There are online modules on assessment in the professional development programme, with live training on formative and summative assessment, and overall assessment literacy, as part of the support that we provide to schools.

Yes, but the deposit can only be used against the fees for your final term. All other terms must be paid in full by the due date shown on your invoice or statement.

In most cases the registration fee is non-refundable. Please refer to the Refund Policy if you would like further details.

You have the choice of whether to pay your fees in advance for the year or pay termly. If you choose to pay termly then fees are due one month before the start of each term.

Yes, you will probably need to go to the post office to collect your BRP card within 10 days of arriving in the UK. You may also have to register with the police. Please check your visa for further information and you can contact your ONCAMPUS centre if you are still unsure (even if it’s before the start of term).

If you successfully complete your programme to the required standard for your chosen degree then you are guaranteed a place at the partner university. For a list of courses please see the details listed in our Course-finder.

All of our lessons are held in English but we can help you to bring your English level up to the required level before you start your course.

No, we have set dates for the commencement of studies and you must arrive during one of these times. However, most courses have multiple intakes throughout the year so you can probably start within a few weeks of registering.

As part of the immigration requirement for your visa we must receive original transcripts from your previous place of study. However, most institutions should be able to supply you with copies if you need them.

Yes, we can provide a copy of your transcript. Please email us to request this. Please note that a courier charge may apply.

If you provide evidence that you failed to meet the requirement after you paid your deposit then a refund can be granted of your deposit. The registration fee is non-refundable.

This is an Immigration Office stipulation and we cannot register you on your course until we have seen the original documents. One of our team will take a copy of the documents and sign the copy to verify that the original document has been seen and checked.

Under UK consumer law you have the right to change your mind within 14 days from the date we receive your deposit payment in our bank. In this event, fees will be returned to you, minus bank charges. You must inform us of your intention to cancel via admissions@oncampus.global. However, the registration fee is not refundable after a CAS/COE has been issued. If cancellation is due to visa refusal through no fault of your own, in normal circumstances ONCAMPUS will refund all fees paid excluding the registration fee. Full written details including evidence of refusal will be required. Further details can be found in our Terms and Conditions.

We review our courses regularly and occasionally have to withdraw a previously advertised course. Course cancellations are never made later than 5 weeks before the published start date and should this happen our Admissions team will contact you directly to discuss options available at our other centres. In very exceptional cases we may move delivery of a course to a different centre. In these circumstances our Admissions team will provide counselling and support to enable to you to take up the course at its new location or look at other suitable study plans for you.

Our complaints procedure and how to make a complaint is detailed in our Admissions Policy.

You contact the nearest Hungarian Consulate in your region and apply for a ’residence permit for educational purpose’. We send you our Visa Support Certificate by an express courier. You will have to hand in other documents as well, so it is very important to contact them beforehand. The Consulate might need about 30 days. If they grant it you will receive a type D visa that is valid for one entry to Hungary and you have 30 days after entering Hungary to pick up your residence permit in Budapest.

We usually send it by an express courier to your address. We need your exact address with postal code and a contact phone number.

After your online application and application fee payment we assess your documents and inform you if we can grant you admission or not. If you are admitted, we will send you the next step in your online application account. Then you secure your place with the payment of the tuition fee.

Without a business degree, you can apply to the Strategic International Management, Strategic Human Resource Management or IT for Business Data Analytics programmes as they are conversion master's allowing you to change your career. However, you will need a business degree in Strategic Finance and Strategic Marketing.

Please email us to info@ibs-b.hu and if possible print screen the error message, we will help you.

There is no need to upload a reference letter or a CV except if IBS asks you to do it. For the MBA or PhD programme you will need to upload them.

You can apply to IBS without having your high school diploma/bachelor/master degree but as soon as you receive please upload it to your online application and inform us at info@ibs-b.hu. You can enrol only with your original diploma/degree and proof of payment of tuition (and registration) fee. Please have it translated into English by an official translator.

After IBS grants admission to an applicant (by checking the required documents) we issue our proforma invoice in your online application account (you can find it under the FINANCE section)., Bachelor's and University Foundation students with non-EU citizenship have to pay the one-off registration fee together with the first year’s tuition fee. Master’s students can pay by semester. Non-EU students will pay for their health insurance upon arrival in IBS (valid for 12 months in Hungary) and need to buy only travel insurance that is valid for one month. After IBS receives the payment, we will send you our Visa Support Certificate and Letter by DHL. The DHL delivery fee is to be paid by the student.

It consists of 2 documents, a Certificate in Hungarian addressed to the Hungarian Consul and an explanatory Letter to you in English: The Certificate certifies: 1. your student status at IBS, 2. your English language skills, 3. accommodation in the Residence Hall (address: 1031 Budapest, Reichl Kálmán u. 6.), 4. and health insurance for 12 months Please submit it to the Consul. In the Letter, we inform you about the content of the Visa Support Certificate, the documents required for enrolment and the residence permit application process.

In case your visa is rejected for any reason, 200 EUR from your fee payment is non-refundable in any circumstances. The remaining amount will be refunded to you.

1. You can change your programme to another programme that starts. 2. You can postpone the start of your programme to the next intake.

It is not a requirement, IBS has its own English placement test and interviews to assess applicants’ English skills. However, those who already have a TOEFL or IELTS exam with sufficient score will be exempt from taking our own English placement test, they just need to have our listening and interview.

The IBS English placement test is a grammar and vocabulary test of 100 minutes that you should complete without using any aid. International students usually take the test upon arrival in IBS and after passing it there is an interview and a listening task as well. However, if somebody visits IBS earlier and wishes to take the test and interview we can arrange it. (If somebody does not pass the test we offer the possibility of improving English skills on our one year International University Foundation programme.)

It is not part of the BSc or MSc programme, but if you do not pass our English placement test we strongly advise you to take it. It offers 400 classes of English practising different languange skills, including business English (4-5 classes each weekday). At the end of the programme you take the test and interview again and if you pass it, you can continue your studies on the Bachelor's or Master's programme.

These are quite different in all respect, so you cannot start one and then transfer to the other: • the British BSc and MSc programmes are delivered in English and result in the BSc or MSc degree of The University of Buckingham. You can apply only on the online application form of IBS to these programmes. • the BSc and MSc programmes that are delivered in Hungarian have a different curriculum than the British programmes. The Hungarian programmes result in the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IBS. Admission is open only for those who speak Hungarian and apply through the central Hungarian admission system.

Yes, because the tuition fee is calculated for the whole programme. So you need to pay the tuition fee for each semester of the three years. However, if you choose the placement option in the fifth semester you will have the opportunity to agree with your employer about your salary. While some companies agree to pay some part of the tuition fee and a salary, others pay the full tuition and no salary or decide to provide you with competitive compensation and don't cover any of the tuition.

All applicants who are non-European Union citizens need to pay the one-off registration fee of 900 Euro. This fee is based on citizenship, not residency. It is to be paid together with the tuition fee.

No, for non-European Union citizens the tuition and registration fee must be paid in advance otherwise we cannot provide our Visa Support Certificate that is required for the residence permit application.

Optional work placement in the sixth semester of your studies is an excellent opportunity for testing your strengths, showing your teeth and more often than not, finding your workplace. In recent years, close to 40 per cent of our students have found a job upon graduation at their placement organisation. Placement is a one-semester internship that our undergraduate students can do in their third, final year, mostly at multinational companies.

During the placement, our students put into practice in real working situations what they have learned in theory. This is a very advantageous set-up for student and employer alike: as the placement lasts for a semester, the student can integrate into the work environment, and if the student is successful, they can continue their cooperation afterwards without any problems. It is also very common for students graduating from IBS to receive a job at their placement company, meaning that many of the students on our undergraduate programmes graduate with a stable position already waiting for them. Most importantly, students graduating from IBS are not start-up graduates in the field of work, since they already have at least one semester of work experience behind them. It is no wonder that 70% of our graduates find a job within three months of their graduation, and 22% within 6 months, with very good salaries, and in fields which match their qualifications and interests.

Searching for and finding a professional placement position is the task of the student; however, IBS can and does offer effective assistance. Our career office has a network of prestigious partner companies, and these companies are committed to accepting our students. It is common for our alumni who graduated a few years ago and by now have achieved leading positions to offer positions to present IBS students.

Prior to the placement period we offer training, career counselling and resume and cover letter writing exercises to help students who apply to several positions that they have found through IBS or by themselves. In the last 20 years experience has shown that our students have a significant competitive advantage in the labour market due to their superior language, IT, teamwork, presentation and other skills

- We suggest you to use online bank transfers, those are steadily available in most countries. In certain cases we may process your application without paying the fee, but please keep in mind that in case of admission the University will not issue the Letter of Acceptance until the fee is paid.

- The enrolment process is mainly defined by how can we start the academic year (regular / online). We will keep our admitted students updated in this regard.

- In case we cannot start a regular semester the education will be online. There is no discount from the tuition fee as the curriculum will be the same and the outcome of your university education will be the same degree as if you had started your education in person.

In certain cases (that only apply for medical programs), yes. There are several options to apply for an individual study plan depending on what kind of BSc degree you have and which subjects you completed.

Registration is performed at the Coordinating Center for International Education where you need to present yourself in person within two weeks from orientation. Registering for classes can be performed through the University’s online academic system called NEPTUN. In case of medical programs and only for the first time your registration is going to be performed by the personnel at the Registrar’s Office. Further on you will have to register independently, however you will be able to get assistance from the appropriate University staff. For non-medical programs, your registration is always going to be performed by the personnel at the Registrar’s Office.

The person having a residence permit for the purpose of studies does not have to submit for a residence permit for the purpose of gainful activities for his/her employment during the time of his/her studies. Furthermore the person having a full-time student status in Hungary does not have to submit for work permit during the student status. The third-country national with a residence permit for the purpose of studies is allowed to perform gainful activity for a maximum of 24 hours a week during the semester, out of the semester for 90 days or 60 working days a year at most on a full-time job.

In case you need a visa to enter Hungary the total yearly tuition fee has to be paid within two weeks after receiving the Letter of Acceptance. The University of Debrecen can furnish you with the visa supporting documents only when the fee has been paid. If you can enter Hungary without a visa you should secure your place by paying the seat reservation fee defined in your Letter of Acceptance within the scheduled deadline. We cannot guarantee the seats for students paying after the deadline. In case of medical programs the rest of the tuition fee can be paid in two installments – 1st semester: before registration, 2nd semester: until 31st March. Students paying the full yearly tuition fee in one installment before registering to the first semester will get a discount. For non-medical programs, the rest of the tuition fee should be paid in full before the registration. Payments are accepted in the form of Bank Transfers. Cheques and cash payments are not accepted. All bank expenses should be paid by the applicant.

To apply for any courses/programs offered by the University you will need to submit several documents (e.g. your high school or university diploma, a short CV of yours) depending on the level of education (BSc, MSc etc.) and the program you apply for.

In case of non-medical programs it takes about a week or two depending on the decision of the specific faculty the student has submitted his/her application to and whether he/she has to make an entrance examination or not. In case of medical programs it depends on several factors: for students submitting a regular application a reply should be expected within 2 days which after the applicant needs to take an entrance examination; the result of the examination is presented right after the examination for students applying for credit transfer it may take several weeks till the responsible committee finishes the procedure regularly conducted in these cases

Application deadlines differ based on which program you are interested in. In case of medical programs the deadline of application for September intake is the end of May, as you are required to take an entrance examination for which the last one is scheduled in June. For January intake the deadline is 30th November. In case of non-medical programs the deadline of application for September intake is 15th June, whilst for February intake it’s 15th November with the exclusion of PhD programs where the deadlines are as follows: for September intake: May 31, for February intake: October 31. However, to avoid any missed deadlines we strongly encourage prospective students to submit their applications at their earliest convenience.

University of Debrecen does not offer online courses or distance education, thus all courses are held on-campus.

Yes. The faculty shall recognize the credits acquired by its students in a different domestic or foreign higher education institution on the basis of inter-institutional credit equivalence agreements, individual student contracts or legislation on credit equivalency. The extent to which two curricula are similar is determined by a faculty level Sub-Committee for Educational Matters and Credit Transfer.

The University was officially founded in 1912, but when taking its predecessors into account it has been around since 1538. The University conducts its programs according to the European Qualifications Framework of the Bologna Process. Thus diplomas attained at the University of Debrecen are generally accepted in the countries of the European Union. Moreover, all our programs are accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Board which is part of the European Accreditation Board. Medical programs are accredited by the World Health Organization (WHO), The State Education Department (NY, USA), Medical Board of California the General Medicine Council (UK – PLAB exam is compulsory), Medical Councils of India (a qualifying exam is compulsory), Israel, Ireland, Iran, Norway and the United Arab Emirates.

We strongly recommend to bring a computer with you or buy one on the spot, as the registration procedure and several study related tasks do require one. There are a great deal of shops and malls in Debrecen where you can purchase a laptop or PC that suits you the best, however, most of them are designed for Hungarian language users.

Medical programs: you can order your transcript at the Registrar’s Office for a certain fee. Non-medical programs: you can order your transcript at the Student Service Center free of charge

The applicants can request to postpone their studies for a maximum of one year in written form. In case of medical programs, it is only possible within one month after the entrance examination, paying the seat reservation fee defined in the Letter of Acceptance. If the student fails to register to the university within the given period, he/she can only start his/her studies after successfully passing a new entrance exam and completing the payment and fulfilling other terms and conditions specified in the new Letter of Acceptance.

For the BSc degree programs offered by the University you will not need letters of reference. However, if you submit your application for a Master’s degree or a doctoral program (excluding the medical programs) you will have to present two letters of recommendation from your former professors.

Only an entrance interview is compulsory for those students who apply for BSc in Physiotherapy, BSc/MSc in Public Health, MSc in Molecular Biology, MSc in Complex Rehabilitation, MSc in Health Social Work Programs. The interview is more personal than scientific, focusing on the applicant’s English skills. For transfer students the interview contains scientific questions as well in order to ascertain the applicant’s knowledge certified in the transcripts.

Our Social Network

Follow Us